Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 21:47:57 -0800
From:      enrique m <carol2@beaver.slip.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   uninstalling freebsd

How do I uninstall FreeBSD?

I have attached lists of my drives, 0 being the first drive and 1 being the
second. I have tried to install FreeBSD on my second drive, above 1024
cylinders, booting from the first. If this is not possible, I would like to
remove the boot manager. How do I remove the boot manager? If there is a
way to make this work, I would appreciate the help. I tried calling your
voice number, but it seemed busy.

I've also seen this message when I tried to boot FreeBSD from the Boot
Floppy :

Error: C: 4159 > 1023 (BIOS Limit)

I used PFDISK	to get the hard disk geometry's, and after I re-installed I
still received the same message when trying to boot using the Boot Floppy.
I had a different problem when I tried to boot the OS from the Boot
Manager, which said that there was :

Error reading the OS

or something to that effect. I'm lucky I'm able to write you now.

Thanks in Advance
Enrique