Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:43:40 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        pvargas <pvargas@intelnett.com>
Subject:   Re: soundcard

On Monday 19 April 2004 11:15 am, pvargas wrote:
> Good day everybody, I'am a real newbie and i got some questions the
> first one is how can i know what devices are installed on my
> computer, I mean if there is a command for do that, the second is how
> can I configure my soundcard, I think that first I need to know what
> soundacard is installed on my pc, any help is welcome. Saludos desde
> Guatemala.

The Handbook has a chapter on sound. That is a good place to learn about=20
what you need to do. It also depends on which version of FreeBSD you=20
are using. I have always added "device          pcm" to my kernel=20
config file. You can also just kldload the sound module. I haven't done=20
that and can't really tell you how to do that but it should be=20
searchable from an archive of the messages.

The devices that your system recognizes can be seen by typing "dmesg".=20
This can be a long list and you may want to add " | more". If it has=20
been too long since you booted your system, it is always in=20
/var/run/dmesg.boot

If you are more comfortable with espa=F1ol, there is a Spanish list at
https://listas.es.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd

I see a lot more questions answered quickly on this list.=20

Kent

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA