Date:      Thu, 04 May 1995 05:57:11 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can someone explain the various forms of Japanese text encoding?

> Jordan, I didn't notice any font & screenmap loading into sysinstall,
> how you suppose to display KOI8-R in this situation?

This part isn't done yet since the menu actions for language setup are
just "set variable" commands now but will no doubt morph into
individual function calls which do all the right things for that
particular language very soon.  Part of my problem is determining just
what all the "right things" will be.  I can load the appropriate
screenmap and font (and possibly keymap) values into syscons for
Russian and the Western European languages (I'll "file2c" them into
sysinstall itself and do the ioctls directly) but I still don't know
how to make the dialogs themselvse look good in these cases.  Seems
like all the other fonts don't necessarily do line-drawing the
same way.. :-(

Maybe I should switch in and out for just displaying help files?
I can do this too.

					Jordan