Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 15:40:23 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        lncy@swbell.net
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@hub.FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i386/4902: Please add support for Promise Ultra33 UDMA Bus Master PCI/IDE Controller

>  I too have a promise controller for ultra 33 dma/33 i feel this is a
>  critical issue because soon there will be no eide hd's around, brand new

Hmmm.  Perhaps I'm simply being too practical minded here, but I
completely fail to see why this poster was compelled to send us a
message which:

	A) Contained none of the actual TECHNICAL DETAILS of his
	   problem which are so important to diagnosing such things.

	B) Substituted said details for a wholly unnecessary diatribe
           on the consequences of not providing said support in FreeBSD.

In order to expedite attention from our wholly volunteer-driven
technical support organization here, please try to keep PRs
technically relevant and save any temptations to pound the pulpit
strictly for church and other non-engineering related assocations.
Such content is neither relevant to the PR system nor helpful in
actually doing anything tangible about addressing the issues you're
attempting to raise.  Thank you.