Date:      07 Aug 2002 15:30:10 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   REPORT_KEY ILLEGAL REQUEST error playing DVDs on -stable

I have been using mplayer to play DVDs on my Dell Inspiron 8100.  This
laptop has an ATAPI DVD player with DMA enabled to UDMA33.  I'm using
-stable from a few minutes ago, so the READ_BIG errors are gone.  DVDs
play fine for the most part, except every few seconds, the DVD video
pauses for a split second, and the following appears on the console:

acd0: REPORT_KEY - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x55 ascq=0x00 error=0x00
acd0: REPORT_KEY - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x6f ascq=0x04 error=0x00
acd0: REPORT_KEY - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x55 ascq=0x00 error=0x00
acd0: REPORT_KEY - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00 sks=0x40 0x00 0x0a
error=0x00

I've tried without UDMA (using PIO4), and the problem is still the
same.  I didn't see any other hits on this problem, so perhaps this is
something with my config.  I don't think it's bad hardware as this DVD
drive has just been recently replaced.  Any ideas?

Joe