Date:      Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:41:52 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Jan Chrillesen <jan@chrillesen.dk>
Cc:        Charlie Rewt <invalid-address@free-pr0n.netscum.dk>, mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, usenet@tdk.net
Subject:   Re: Intel wiseman and livengood gigabit ethernet support

On Sat, Jan 20, 2001 at 10:54:39AM +0100, Jan Chrillesen wrote:
> The card is detected by FreeBSD and both ends of the fibre gets link.
> (The other end is a Cisco Catalyst 6509). It seems that the card receives
> data but don't transmit anything. The RX led on the NIC lights up and this
> is the output from "show interface" on the switch:

I saw this part of the message and it reminded me of a Cisco Field Notice
which supposidly only effects Intel 1000T cards, but who knows it might
effect fibre cards as well.  The problem is a bug in the Intel cards
that can be worked around in the driver.  Since you've got a switch,
I'd assume you have a Cisco account or know someone who does.  If not,
contact me off line and I'll send you the info.  The link is:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/770/fn13054.html

-- Brooks