Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:21:54 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
Cc:        ktsin@acm.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory corruption in CURRENT

Mark Santcroos wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 01:41:13PM +0200, Soeren Schmidt wrote:
> > Sure, but I dont have the problem :) I can buildworld for days on my
> > (heavily overclocked btw) Athlon with no problems at all...
>
> Can you revert back to the system compiler and also compile your kernel
> with this options and do some buildworlds again?

You are making the same mistake I did.

We should be asking Udo Schweigert and KT Sin.  Soeren doesn't have
any P4's or AMD's with the problem.

Hmmm... P4... AMD... have to wonder if someone looked at someone
else's paper during the test... ;^).

Here's the list of people I have, from a casual look at the archives
for this week:

	Mark Santcroos
	Martin Blapp (P4)
	Udo Schweigert (P4, new compiler workaround)
	KT Sin (P4, new compiler workaround)
	Don Lewis (AMD Athlon)
	Alexander Leidinger (P4)
	David O'Brien (AMD)
	Alfred Perlstein (?)

If we could get most or all of them to try the workaround, it would
provide useful information...

-- Terry