Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 1997 20:56:18 +0930
From:      "Daniel J. O'Connor" <darius@holly.rd.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   IJPPP dial on demand

Hi,
I have IJPPP to do dial on demand(and it actually works! :), but the problem is
that the event to cause a dialup(ie a telnet being run or whatever) gets
munched.
By that I mean that if I am not dialed up and do 'telnet foo.bar', I will
have to kill it and wait for the dial up to finish happening and try it again,
otherwise it will time out.
It might be because after a dial up succeeds, my IP changes(dynamic IP
assignment ): so the packets go to the wrong place..
Does anyone know of a way to fix it?

Also, would it be possible to allow the dial command to be used from the ppp
command prompt? This would allow some very handy stuff to happen..
(I tried, but got also sorts of weird problems happening)

Any help much appreciated :)

Seeya
Darius
~~~~~~