Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:13:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bob Staudenmaier <bob@cloverware.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek CDROM

On Fri, 9 Jan 1998, Bob Staudenmaier wrote:

> The Walnut Creek CDROM I just purchased lists <questions@freebsd.org> as a
> technical support address.  My question concerns the Walnut Creek CDROM
> itself, so I am hoping to obtain a contact address at Wal Creek to answer my
> question.

This is OK, the Walnut Creek CDROM is the official CDROM of the FreeBSD
Project.  Unless it's purely business-related (orders/returns/etc.), we're
happy to help.

> I just purchased the brand new 2.2.5 version of FreeBSD on the 4 CDROM
> Walnut Creek set.  Am I mistaken, or are there very few "packages" included
> in the set?  In other words, there are very few files located at:

The packages tree is on CD 1, in packages/.  Some very large packages were
overflowed to CD 3.  Note that the ftp site will have a few more packages
than the CD due to licensing restrictions.

> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/.25/FreeBSD/packages-2.2.5/All

You should avoid using the explicit disk number, it changes constantly.
The proper URL is ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/.....