Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 08:57:29 -0400
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        nate@trout.sri.mt.net
Cc:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU, nate@trout.sri.mt.net, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, daveh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: slattach!!!!!!!

    >> Before I got a dedicated line to campus, I used expect to allow
    >> me to ring my house in a specific patern and then have it call
    >> up to campus and reconnect.

    Nate> Huh?  How to you ring a house in a pattern?

I believe he means that he if needs to access his FreeBSD host and
it's not currently dialed in to an ISP, he can call his host with a
specific ring pattern, probably within certain timing tolerances, and
his host will dial and connect to its ISP.

Pretty neat trick ... I might give it a try.  I've said ``Doh!'' far
too often when I'm stuck at work and wished I could rlogin to my home
host.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

I bet when the Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying, "Don't forget the thick, heavy brows." Then they
would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big
hunky brows too, and they'd get mad and eat the snowman.
-- Jack Handey