Date:      Sat, 21 Dec 1996 12:07:59 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bt848 Lives!

Well, I am watching tv with my Intel Smart Video Capture III PCI board
on my PPRO 200MHz 8) The good news is that I seem to be able
to take snapshots and it is not crashing my system. The meteor
seems to work okay however if I start taking snapshots or if
I run vic it will crash my system. My next step is to implement
a video mode compatible with vic to verify that the hardware
will not crash my system.

So far I have implemented 640x480 RGB32, this means that the
driver is not done yet and it will be a while before I can
finished it or fully qualify the board for FreeBSD.

So in summary, there is hope to have decent video capture for
PPRO 200MHz running FreeBSD 8)

Forgot to mention, I payed $179 for my card (http://www.libiind.com) 8)

	Enjoy,
	Amancio