Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 11:32:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty Jr.)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, jehamby@lightside.com, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, kelly@yarmouth, narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Application Development

> Thats the 60k line of codes question: What do we need to entice people
> to write applications and/or can someone come up with a long list
> of applications so that when new volunteers come on board they
> could at least have an idea of whats needed?
>
> 	Amancio

A GUI builder so that all they have to do is fill in case statements
with calls to their code.

A decent visual debugger.  For instance, in the MS debugger, if you
let the pointer sit on a variable on the screen for a second, it will
display the value of the variable.

The ability to click on compilation error mesages and go to the offending
line of code (with the offending portion(s) of the statement highlighted.

A "colorized" editor (a friend of mine keeps threatening to "colorize"
vi ... he must have Ted Turner in his family tree somewhere.  8-)).

A market for the finished products so that the investment/reward ratio
is somewhere near that for Windows.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---