Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:37:32 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.nl>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of bridge code

Rogier R. Mulhuijzen writes:
> But from my list of wishes I'd say the first 3 are gone. All that's left is
> spanning tree. I'm probably going to need this pretty soon, so once more
> I'm asking if anyone is working on it. If not I'll start on it.

Do you have references for how to do this? As I understand it, there
are special Ethernet addresses that are "for bridges only -- do not
forward" that are used to construct the spanning tree, etc. What is
the "standard" algorithm used by bridges, etc.?

> Also, a quick question for you netgraph guys. Why is it that ng_one2many
> send a packet only out of one hook? I can see use for an algorithm that
> sends packets from the 'one' hook to all the 'many' hooks (that are up) and
> keep the normal behaviour for many to one.

Hmm.. you could also get that affect using log2(n) ng_tee(4) nodes..

-Archie