Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 12:52:03 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        john@gateway.net.hk (John Beukema)
Cc:        phgray@tcjcnelrc.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Internet gateway references

> On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Paul Howard Gray wrote:
>
>> I am working with a team assigned to get an Internet host up and running
>> that will ultimately support multiple LANs on each of 5 campuses running a
>> None of those involved have any major UNIX background (I have operated a
>> There is some time pressure on this decision so any info anyone could

This is an absolute disaster scenario.  You _will_ want to find a local
Unix consultant familiar with your chosen platform (Obviously, I too would
be advising you to consider FreeBSD 2.1.0 very seriously), or alternatively
recruit a BSD unix familiar administrator with experience in this field
into your team.

You _will_not_ be able to achieve anything significant in a situation
where "time pressure" exists if you are learning as you go.  Save yourself
the ulcer and the stress, and do the job properly.

> > Paul H. Gray

]] High-speed data acquisition and      (GSM mobile) 041-122-496        [[
]] "Who does BSD?" "We do Chucky, we do."                               [[