Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 15:11:04 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pcm0 not responding on -CURRENT...

when in doubt.

take all the batteries out. unplug it.

let it sit for a sec.

then put the batteries in and plug it in.

see if that helps

if it doesnt. remove all the power again. then enter the bios on the next
reboot prior to entering any operating systems and reset the BIOS to
default.

then go on from there, etc.

if that doesnt help. *consider* removing the cmos battery if it has one.

i say consider because vital things might get permanently frobbed.

if the cmos battery is soldered on, dont do it. if it's just in a slip
contact. it's probably ok to remove it and then reconfigure everything
from scratch.

my particular laptop hp 800ct get's it's cardbus slots hosed if i boot
windows. i have to depower to fix it...

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life