Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:58:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Zenin <zenin@rhps.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMWare2 / 4.9-STABLE networking oddness (RTC related?)

Hello, Zenin.

It seems possible that your Allegiance server issues might be helped once
I do some further updates to the rtc driver, as it may be guilty of
causing vmware to sleep longer than desired.  However, I doubt that it
will have *that* big of an impact.

Have you tried running other types of game servers on the machine?
Perhaps you could try quake, unreal tournament, or some other game and see
what your results are.  My guess would be that there must be some sort of
packet loss going on for the results to be as you say they are;
unfortunately, we can't exactly use tcpdump to see if the game's packet
flow is "normal".  So, see what else works, that'll help us narrow down
the problem.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack