Date:      Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:46:30 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Henry Whincup <henry@techiebod.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        "scsi@freebsd.org" <scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape drive problems

Put the device on a windows box and upgraded the firmware (L201->L202)...
all works!

Don't know why but before I upgraded the firmware I tried the device under
windows and it worked fine -- just as a by the way.

Thanks for all your help

Henry

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

    >I have tried other tapes -- but they all give the same problem.
    >
    >When you say "it appears that the transfer has completed", do you mean the
    >block has been written or that the transfer was completed? if the latter I
    >have found that it seems to write the first 20 blocks of any transfer
    >(that is I can read these off the tape later) but after that just stops.

    I meant that the data for that particular transaction was transferred
    across the bus, but the tape drive has not left the data phase to
    complete the command.

    >Is there anything else I can try?

    A tape drive firmware upgrade?

    --