Date:      Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:07:41 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Parrish Myers <parrish@engr.arizona.edu>
Cc:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Zip Drive

Randall Hopper:
 |notation.  I put my ZIP UFSs on slice 1.  Makes it real easy to write a
 |safe, generic setuid "mountzip" script:
 |
 |  mount -t msdos /dev/sd0s4 /zip || mount /dev/sd0s1 /zip

 |"df /zip" tells you right off what FS type you've got in case you forget.

I have to correct myself.  This is the incantation I started with, and
works fine if you're root.  But I had to change it to:

    mount_msdos /dev/sd0s4 /zip || mount /dev/sd0s1 /zip

because "mount -t msdos" seems to lose root when run in a setuid-root
script in the process of handing off to "mount_msdos".  This seems to be a
bug.  Anyway, running mount_msdos directly (as above) works in a
setuid-root shell script.

Randall