Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:34:22 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bacula and pf

On 4/3/2007 8:37 AM Dave wrote:
> Hi,
>    Ok, that's interesting. Can you send me your bacula configs for
> this client and the server box and your pf config? I'd like to compare
> them with mine, see if i can spot something subtle. Offhand though
> that's strange, i can think of several possibilities, but they're not
> usually set in pf. Does the box your server is on also have a
> firewall? Maybe related, maybe not, what kind of media are you backing
> up to? Maybe it's timing out waiting to spool data?
> Thanks.
> Dave.

Thanks for your offer of help. However after reading Max's post and
trying his suggestions, I really think the problem is with my pf
configuration and not Bacula especially since I've been running Bacula
with my current config without trouble for several years.  It was only
when I moved firewalls from ipfw to pf that I began to have trouble.
But if you still want to see my configs I'll send them

To answer your other questions, my director is on is not on the firewall
and does not have one of its own.  I'm backing up to FileStorage and am
not spooling data as I recall.

Thanks again,

Drew

--