Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2010 09:43:24 -0800
From:      Chip Camden <sterling@camdensoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: adding/updationg a Port

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

Quoth Nicolas de Bari Embriz Garcia Rojas on Wednesday, 17 November 2010:
> Hi,  On November 6,  I submitted a New port:
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/151988 so far the
> submissions seems to be on standby.
>=20
> My question is, if for adding a port takes a 'couple of months' how
> much does it take for updating current existing ports ?
>=20
> regards.
rg"

It depends on the nature and extent of the update.  I submitted an update
to a port that I maintain, and it was committed in under 21 minutes.
Conversely, I submitted a patch to one of the general port Makefiles, and t=
hat
took about 45 days.  Even though it was a very small patch, I presume the
committers were more cautious with a change that could affect a lot of
users.

--=20
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips=