Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 21:16:22 +0900 (JST)
From:      Arizona Coyote <coyote@ratbert.aisol.net>
To:        "Bond, Jeffery" <Jeff.Bond@nectech.co.uk>
Cc:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Motif libs/includes

Hi,

You should be able to get Motif, but it is rather costly.  A good place to
start is the Motif main homepage:

  http://www.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/motif/

Kenton Lee (who appears regularly in newsgroups on X) has a very good
website on Motif.

  http://www.rahul.net/kenton/GettingMotif.html

But you are probably looking for a free alternative.  There is lesstif
which provides some level of Motif-compatibility.  Look in the ports:

  /usr/ports/x11/lesstif

More information on lesstif can be found at

  http://www.lesstif.org/

Mark

On Thu, 2 Oct 1997, Bond, Jeffery wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Does anybody know if any Motif (or Motif-like) libraries and include
> files are available for FreeBSD, and if so, where can I get them?
> Specifically, I'm after the includes from /usr/X11R6/include/Xm/ and
> libXm.so.*
>
> Help much appreciated,

Mark Andres               E-mail: coyote@ratbert.aisol.net
  / 100% Microsoft Free thanks to NetBSD and FreeBSD! \
         Mac Centris 650: NetBSD 1.2-current
        IBM ThinkPad 220: FreeBSD 3.0-current
Macintosh IIcx: NetBSD 1.2.1 | http://bullwinkle.aisol.net/