Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:47:21 -0500
From:      Nicolas Blais <nb_root@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD FAMP on a mini-itx/embedded platform

--nextPart2082243.zHI6P3CTTN

Hi,

I'm looking to make a light FreeBSD-Apache-MySQL-PHP system out of a VIA EN=
=20
5000 system. It would replace my home file/web server which currently runs=
=20
24h/7d with a silent and energy-wise bundle.=20

I would also like to take advange of the C7 processor's Padlock feature (SS=
L=20
encryption). I believe FreeBSD supports it?

I'm not looking for 3D performance or the such for this file server, but I=
=20
would expect it to atleast keep up with the current server network-wise. Ar=
e=20
my expectations unfounded?

Does anyone here run FreeBSD on a VIA EN system or other embedded C7-based=
=20
machine?

Thanks!

Nicolas

sidenote: This would be my 7th BSD machine in the house (and this is not=20
counting my Vmware guests!) :)
=2D-=20
=46reeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #12: Sat Dec  2 12:30:58 EST 2006    =20
root@clk01a:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CLK01A=20
PGP? : http://www.clkroot.net/security/nb_root.asc