Date:      Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:30:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        andreas@klemm.gtn.com (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        Shimon@i-Connect.Net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Good Lord, Commercial Linux

> Or did you compare things like the speed of rm -rf on a large
> directory tree without recognizing, that FreeBSD doesn't do
> asynchronous I/O to a file system as default ?!
>
> Please facts here.

Sure.  No problem. Repeat the test ten times.  For five of them,
switch the machine off halfway through.  Verify that the last file
it said it removed was in fact the same or only one file away from
the last file actually removed.

Who else has screwed up deleteing, and hit the power to save their
bacon?  I'm not proud: I admit doing it.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.