Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:10:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Ryan K. Losh" <rklosh@networksplus.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4-Stable + USB question...

Hello:

I bought a "poor mans port replicator" (USB <==> PS/2 mouse and
keyboard adapter cable) for my Sony Vaio PictureBook, which doesn't
have a "real" port replicator available.  For what it's worth, I've
been able to use both the mouse and keyboard when my laptop is booted
in Win98.  Then I tried FreeBSD.

When I plug the cable in, the kernel spits out the following messages:

ukbd0: Tangtop Generic USBPS2, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
kbd1 at ukbd0
ums0: Tangtop Generic USBPS2, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

I figured out how to use the kbdcontrol command to switch the console
keyboard over to the external keyboard.  However, the exterior, USB
mouse doesn't seem to function at all.  It looks like a moused process
is started for /dev/ums0, but any motion or clicks don't seem to do
anything.  Any clues for this USB newbie?  Sorry in advance if I didn't
RTFM, or posted to the wrong list...

Thanks
Ryan Losh