Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:44:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cardbus rework

Greetings!

	Justin Gibbs made a big deal about making cardbus a subclass
of pci at BSDcon.  His changes require changes to the underlying kobj
infrastructure, so are somewhat invasive.  Arguably, they are a little
better than the patches that I'm posting now.  However, these patches
should get most of the benefit from his patches w/o the invasiveness
of his patches.  In the long term, they may be the right thing to do,
but in the short term, I'd like to get the benefit without the
invasiveness of the multiple inheritance part of Justin's patches.

Hopefully this will also have the secondary effect of reducing
Justin's patches by 50k or so.  Another side benefit of this may be to
make porting to -stable a little easier.

I'm deleting about 890 lines of code from cardbus.h.  Since I'm
deleting so much code, I thought I'd give people a chance to comment
on my patches and testing them before I commit them.

I'd like to get this into -current before March 1, if possible.  You
can find the patch at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/Pcardbus-002

This is experimental patch, and I've only had the chance to test it a
little bit.  Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you
or not.

I'd like to do something similar with the CIS parsing, but I'm holding
off on that until after these are in the tree.

Warner