Date:      Sat, 7 Jan 1995 18:30:26 -0500
From:      "Charles M. Hannum" <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        hsu@cs.hut.fi, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Porting cyclades driver; sigh

   > i386/conf.c is is pretty different; implemented the necessary fancy macros
   > NetBSD has for exploding cdevsw entries and declarations.  Leave rest to
   > someone else; this should be merged.

   I think we're actually hoping that cdevsw will go AWAY!  The fancy
   macros are a nice stop-gap measure, [...]

No, they're not nice, and no, they're not `stop-gap' measure at all.
Those changes were done solely to prevent USL having any claim over
that file.

   > Can't you guys settle at least for the driver interfaces, if not bicycles?
   > :-/

   It's sad, but we actually need to start talking more, first! :-)

I think you just proved that.