Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 1996 00:08:54 -0400
From:      spr@awod.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Whereis crypt?

I know that this has been through here before, but I checked the FAQ and
the Mailing archives and could not find the answer.

When I am compiling qpopper, htpasswd, and several other apps, the compile
dies and says that it needs to know where crypt is so that it knows how
password encryption is handled. I read the INSTALL doc for qpopper and it
said where I could get it if I was outside of the US but not where I could
get the inside US version.

Please tell me what symbolic link to create or what file to download and
where to put it.  I am using 2.1.0 and the default (non-DES) encryption.

                                        Gratefully,

                                        Sean P. Robertson