Date:      Tue, 01 Apr 1997 06:53:50 -0100
From:      Darius Moos <moos@webmore.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] newsproxy for fetching news behind firewall

Hi,

answering my own question for the mail-archive.
There is a programm called "nntpcached" (current version 1.0.5) that acts
as a caching-proxy on the NNTP-port (119 or any other). It could cache
news from several newsserver and does proxying (usefull for getting news
or posting news behind a firewall). There is no need for a local newsserver.

Darius Moos.