Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:01:23 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: summary of changes my changes in current recently

In article <199607112114.PAA02542@rocky.mt.sri.com> you wrote:
: > Just so that people have some sort of idea what The folks here at whistle
: > (including me) have been doing. (In -current).
: > Thes have been put back in FreeBSD so they are now generally available.
: >
: > 1/ added kernel level support for appletalk-over-ethernet
: >
: > 2/ added support for the above in netstat, route, ifconfig

: ....

: > Re: Appletalk.. Whistle Communications has agreed to supply
: > the netatalk crew with a freeBSD machine, so I hope that in
: > the future, netatalk releases will be native-ports on FreeBSD-current.
: > I expect that Wes will be supplying me with direct -current patches
: > both for the kernel parts and for the daemons themselves.
: > With luck the kernel support for appletalk will also be relevant to
: > the CAP camp.

: Wonderful.  How do I use it to talk with the Macs in the office, or is
: this another one of those 'enabling' technologies that's 90% of the way
: there. :)

 Its all getting there... CAP works ok at the moment via bpf's and you
 can check out a "getting started" guide on CAP and FreeBSD (2.1+)
 at

  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/freebsd/freebsd+cap/

: nate

 Regards,
   Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  The internet is full, please try again in half an hour...