Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:13:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        attila.bognar@netalfa.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smc wireless adhoc

In message: <1362.62.201.65.17.1037917157.squirrel@webmail.netalfa.hu>
            "Bogn=E1r, Attila" <attila.bognar@netalfa.com> writes:
: What other suggestions do you have?

adhoc mode sucks really badly on -stable.  I'd use hostap.
Alternatively, I'd use ibss-create if you really want to run in
'adhoc' mode.  Normal adhoc sucks between cards that aren't
identical with identical firmware because the bugs are legion with
earlier prism cards.

The problem here is that there are two typs of 'adhoc'.  There's the
true ibss mode that ieee defines, and then there's a "demo adhoc" mode
that is massively non-standard.  The two don't mix.  And setting the
'adhoc' mode rid in the card does strange things.

Warner