Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:36:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ray Cummins <rcummins@burlco.lib.nj.us>
To:        Larry Marso <lsmarso@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No BSD Communicator 4.0?

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Larry Marso wrote:

> Haven't reviewed the email facility much.  But a major complaint is that the
> default is "rich text", so that most of your recipients can't read your mail!

IMAP support in the Messenger component of Communicator PR2 works much
better under Windows 95 than it does for BSD.  It works once under BSD,
but subsequent accesses result in a "NO SELECT failed: Can't open mailbox
(null): no such mailbox".  I have to rm -R the ns_imap directory, then it
works again - once.  I haven't looked at this problem closely.

Also, Messenger under BSD sends a LIST "" "*" to the IMAP server,
recursively listing all files in your home directory (in my case, 150MB in
2300 files).  This is annoying.  Oddly, Messenger under Windows 95 sends a
LIST "" "%", non-recusively listing files in the home directory.  Why they
need to list *any* files outside of what you specify as your mail
directory is beyond me.

...But when IMAP does work, it works really well.