Date:      Mon, 6 May 2002 15:31:54 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Idris=20Ali?= <idris_aliuk@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   where to get source codes & tutorials

Howdy,

I was wondering if you can give me some free advice.

Can you please kindly give me leads (if you know any)
where I can get tutorials on the internet that will
teach me enough so that I am able to write a GUI OS
like Windows, Unix, Macs and a Web-Browser like
Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator.
Do you recommend any books, websites and discussion
goups where I can acquire tutorials to be expert
enough to write GUI OS and modern Web-Browsers?
Also, do you recommend any books and websites,
discussion groups to be able to acquire open source
codes on OS and Web-Browsers with tutorials of what
the codes do so I can get some experience to write OS
and Browser?

At this moment, I am learning "Liberty Basic" and
"Visual Basic" to write "desktop" softwares.

Aterwards, I will be studying "Perl" to build
"web-related" softwares especially because I want to
write cgi scripts.

Are you aware of any types of softwares' open source
codes that was written in any of the BASIC languages
(qbasic, liberty basic, powerbasic, visual basic etc.)
or PERL?

Is it possible to write Windows and Unix like GUI
Operating Systems and Web-Browsers with any of these 3
languages?
If not, then which languages do you recommend?

What kind of desktop and web-related softwares do you
think are in demand nowadays and will be always in
demand that you think I should focus on writing?
What languages should I learn to write these kinds of
softwares?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Regards