Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 1995 13:51:34 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I was told that this would be a better forum for asking questions and
getting responses about FreeBSD (as oppossed to the newsgroup).

Well, I'm installing FreeBSD for the first time, and I've got plenty of
questions.  I'm not new to UNIX, just to this part of the UNIX world.

My first question.  I've got a Cabletron e2212 ethernet card.  It's
ne2100 compatible.  I've installed it and played around with it with
using the boot floppy.  I get the craziest message though.  What does
`lnc0: Heartbeat error - SQE test failed' mean anyway?  Is this going
to be an annoyance, or a real problem?  Is there some way to fix this,
or am I just stuck because of the fact that the Lance/ne2100 driver is
somewhat buggy?

How do I set the console characteristics?  I want to put the consoles
into 80x50 line mode.  My video card supports it, but I don't know what
utility I need to reset the terminal under FreeBSD.

Are there any tips that you all can give a newbie?

Thanks in advance...

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8