Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:09:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Vern Nichols <nichols@roundview.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   netgraph'd enet nics anyone?

I'm currently playing around with and learning what I can about netgraph
to see if I want to use it in a new project.  I thought I'd play around by
trying to use it on the ethernet card (rl0).

I'm wondering if anyone has done that and if I'd also have to make a TCP
netgraph node to make it work the way I'd expect.  I think I'd be looking
at something like:

SocketNode->TCPNode(does not seem to exist)->IFaceNode(IP)->NICNode(enet)

Or am I off base on how netgraph can/should be used?  I see some
ngether_*() routines in if_ethersubr.c so I assume someone is already
looking into a netgraph enet node.

I'm currenlty working on 3.2 with the netgraph 3.0 patches applied.  I
see netgraph appears to be integrated into 4.0.  Is it worth moving up
to 4.0 before I start getting too deep in netgraph?

Thanks for any insite.

Vern A. Nichols			Roundview, Inc.
nichols@roundview.com		10700 Old Co Rd. 15, Suite 303
612.591.7777 ext. 14		Plymouth, MN  55441