Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 09:32:13 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
Cc:        Eugeny Kuzakov <Eugeny.Kuzakov@lab321.ru>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java ICQ under FreeBSD

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Stephen Roome wrote:

> Bit late getting to my email here, but I spent a horrendous amount of time
> trying to get ICQ going last week but to no avail.
>
> The closest I got was to get rid of all the error messages and have it
> just sit there using up all my swap space (not even opening a window).

I was quite surprized when I reported this to Mirabilis, and they said to
use the -debug flag before the -classpath flag.  It still won't connect,
but it at least opens a window. Once again, the act of observing alters
what is being observed.

I put it aside until the preview supports chat, though I've heard that
others managed to get it to work using the newer FreeBSD JDK 1.0.2 (I'm
still using the older one), though I'd rather get it working with kaffee.