Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:01:25 +0200 (SAST)
From:      lists <lists@security.za.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wierd IRQ Routing issues

Hi, hoping someone can help me out with something here, because Ive got a
very strange problem.

On my one pc, when assigning an IRQ to my PCIC device, it assigns an IRQ
and continues, works 100% now that I changed device.hints to look for pcic
on pci instead of isa, card works everything.

However, on my other pc with an identical setup, when trying to assign
pcic irq it does this: (from dmesg):

pci_cfgintr_search: linked (3) to configured irq 10 at 0:9:0
pci_cfgintr: 0:10 INTA routed to irq 10

Now for some reason I have it in my head that that irq routing is broken,
because its the only difference I can find between the non-working box and
the working box.  Is there any way that I can force that card to not use a
routed interrupt like that.  Ive already tried fiddling in my bios with
the IRQ settings to reserve things etc, no luck there either.  I know for
a fact that irq 5/7/9/10/11 are all available on my box, with nothing
taking them.

Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated

Thanks

Andrew