Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 00:13:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp, jkh@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA stuff.

> > PCMCIA cards has its configuration information in its ROM, named "CIS"
> > (The Card Information Structure).  You can read these parameters by
> > using 'pccardc' command.  Type
>
> Yup, we tried this.  The problem is that the sio probe code also fails
> to detech the modem, and even weakening the prbe doesn't help since it
> appears that the modem is simply too different in its handshaking with
> sio to work.  Once the probe is weakened, you crash elsewhere in the
> driver.  Kind of sad since I figured by buying a US Robotics modem, I
> was getting something pretty mainstream, but it doesn't seem to be
> liked much by the pccard stuff. :-)
>
> 				Jordan

Hmm, I have a 28K8 USR with my Hinote. Poul made it at least accept AT
commands when we were in Aachen (the party at Chris' house). I have
to admit I did not try it extensively after that, maybe I should try
a -current install sometime. If I remember correctly Poul commited his
ideas to -current.

	Wilko