Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 08:42:13 +0530
From:      A Joseph Koshy <koshy@india.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   References for page coloring algorithms?

Does any literature exist on the page coloring algorithm used in FreeBSD?
If so, I'd appreciate it if someone could forward/post references.  I
didn't find any previous discussion on this topic in the archives.

I came across the following ACM paper on page coloring for direct mapped
caches, but the schemes described there are substantially different from
the FreeBSD code:

	R. E. Kessler and Mark D. Hill,
	Page Placement Algorithms for Large Real-Indexed Caches,
	ACM TOCS, Vol. 10, No. 4, November 1992, pp. 338-359.

Thanks,
Koshy
<koshy@india.hp.com>			#include STD_DISCLAIMER