Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 23:11:44 -0600
From:      Tyler Spivey <tspivey8@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd sound card performance vs. linux

ok - i've noticed (on an awe64,
p200 W/ 128 mb of ram),
that recording a sound at 44100 hz stareo:
rec -r 44100 -c 2 file.wav
takes up all my cpu, but under linux, it barely takes up any.
freebsd creates a lot of stuttering/clipping because it's taking up all the CPU recording. is this an audio driver bug, or a freebsd bug in general?
tested on 4.5-R.
P.S.: sorry for my bad capatialazation,  I am not very good at that part of english yet.