Date:      1 Jan 2003 18:25:59 -0000
From:      DoubleF <doublef@tele-kom.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Limiting core usage

Hello,

Recently, many of you wrote something like:
> > How do I stop my kernel from using a piece of core? I mean,
> > if I have 32MB of memory, how do i make it to use only the
> > low 16,for instance (not removing the chips themselves,though)?

> I think setting MAXMEM in your kernel config file as follows will do what
> you want.

Thank you all. I guess will solve the problem with mi_switch etc.
The >16M chips appear to be buggy. I must admit that a small DOS
program of mine informed me about that possibility, but I trusted
all those Norton Utilities etc. which told me everything was ok
(and buggy core doesn't seem to add bugs to Windows, for an obvious
reason;), and assumed that core was healthy. The moral is: proprietary
utilities suck; one should do everything by himself.

Happy New Year,
		DoubleF