Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 01:21:07 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   doreti() and userret()

Userret() is supposed to be called the last thing before the
processor is returned to userland..

As such it is called from syscall() and from fork_return().
However AFTER they call it doreti() is called, which in turn
calls ast which sometimes calls userret() again.....
I can't help but feel that there could be some retionalisation there..

Also, either userret() is the last thing to be called or
ast() is, or maybe doreti is, but
certainly they can't ALL be the last thing called before the kernel returns
to user mode.

Is it possible that we could take the userret() out of
syscall() and fork_return()
and just make sure that it is always called from doreti()?

Julian