Date:      Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:58:37 -0700
From:      "Brad Morgan" <B-Morgan@concentric.net>
To:        "John Baldwin" <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <qa@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: New cdboot ISO available

> Please test this ISO and provide feedback to the -stable or -qa lists
thanks.

I tried the minicdboot on my 4 machines with the following results:

Dell Dimension XPS p133c (133 MHz P-I) did not boot.  4.4-Release Disk 1 did
boot.

Dell Dimension XPS D333 (333 MHz P-II) booted to sysinstall screen.

Dell Dimension XPS R350 (350 MHz P-II) booted to sysinstall screen.

Dell Dimension 4100 (933 MHz P-III) booted but hung probing for devices.

This machine has hung at this point since 4.2.  I've reported it numerous
times.
Sure would be nice to get this fixed as this machine is my main machine.

I have FreeBSD installed on this machine by using a set of 5.0-current
floppies
to get past the above hang.  It then installs and runs FreeBSD without any
(known)
problems.  I'd be happy to provide whatever assistance is necessary.

Regards,

Brad Morgan