Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:06:07 -0500
From:      "Howard Leadmon" <howard@leadmon.net>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DNS/Bind Error Help under FBSD 6.2 using Sendmail..

I am seeing an issue with some eMail moving from the server here is one such
example:

l25F3FJW082596    96337 Mon Mar  5 10:03 <bfondak@kpl.com>
                 (Deferred: Name server: mail.jingmei.com.: host name lookup
f)
                                         <order_bj@jingmei.com>
                                         <mlin@jingmei.com>

OK, so I did a lookup of it's MX, and get:

jingmei.com mail is handled by 10 mail.jingmei.com

So then I looked up mail.jingmei.com:

mail.jingmei.com has address 220.112.41.223
Host mail.jingmei.com not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

I see I am getting a returned IP address which can be connected to, but also a
SERVFAIL error.

Now I am aware of the AAAA IPv6 issue, and have the needed setting in my
sendmail.cf file:

O ResolverOptions=WorkAroundBrokenAAAA

So I would have hoped this would have worked around the issue and permitted
mail flow, yet apparently not for some reason.

I have googled and looked around, and maybe just not found the right info yet,
but if anyone has any idea how to track this down, or resolve the issue it
would sure be most appreciated.

Most of my mail moves fine, but I have a couple domains I am guessing have
something wrong, so I can't seem to get mail out to them...

---
Howard
http://www.leadmon.net