Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2000 22:46:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Linh Pham <lplist@q.closedsrc.org>
To:        Mike Johnson <ahze@wp.cc.nc.us>
Cc:        Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reboot question..

Could it be a problem with the motherboard, RAM, processor, power supply?

I know I had a problem with my workstation at home (albeit it's a dual
processor workstation with several 7200RPM EIDE drives and 10K RPM SCSI
drives, 2xVoodoo2 cards, etc.) where it will randomly blank out the
screen. I pulled out both Voodoo2 cards the problem has virtually
disappeared.

I think the problem in my case was that my power supply could not pump out
enough power to power everything.

Also make sure that everything is seated in correctly and that you don't
have any peripherals or equipment running too hot.

// Linh Pham
//
// Proud supporter of FreeBSD and OpenBSD
// FreeBSD - http://www.freebsd.org
// OpenBSD - http://www.openbsd.org

/*	"Oregon, n.:
		Eighty billion gallons of water