Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 14:02:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        root@assmaster.mattgreen.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.1 to 3.2

On Thu, 27 May 1999, Root wrote:
> I have upgraded twice now, and both times had the same results:
>
> I run /stand/sysinstall
> do the upgrade
> then when it is complete it says to exit install and it will reboot.
> That does not happen, I have to reboot it.
> Then when it comes up it won't boot kernel (it's not even there)
> So I can boot kernel.prev no problem, but I've tried recompiling a
> kernel, and it will still be a 3.1 kernel.
> I can't figure out why it won't upgrade.  Please help

I just finished a 3.1 to 3.2 upgrade.  I used the 3.2 kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp floppies instead of /stand/sysinstall.

Worked just fine.  BTW, I chose Kernel Developer as the distribution
and got a message that /usr/src would not be updated, but it was :)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com