Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 01:30:23 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Video capture cards for MBONE? Laptops for MBONE?

I saw someone at the last IETF (in Los Angeles) showing off one of the new
high-end IBM portable computers (possibly a ThinkPad) that has a small video
camera mounted at the top of the lid (above the display).  The camera could
be swiveled to either point at the user, or away from it.  Anyway, this
computer was running AIX (with X-windows) and the user (an IBM employee, I
think) was showing video from the camera in a window of his display.  It all
looked pretty cool.  It would probably have been straightforward to hook
this into the MBone.

The portable computer (I hesitate to call it a laptop) was quite heavy
(about 10 pounds, I think), and probably very expensive.  But in a year or
two...

        Ross.