Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 13:17:36 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu (Charles Henrich)
Cc:        wh@mx.ba-stuttgart.de, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mount -o async on a news servre

> In lists.freebsd.hackers you write:
>
> >The update(4) process does a sync every 30 min.
>
> Every 30 seconds by default, but its tunable with sysctl..

Due to two cooperating coding errors, setting this value higher
will increase the time between when you unmount removable media
and the time you can successfully eject the media (in case you
were wondering about the delay on ejecting clean JAZ disks...).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.