Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:42:25 -0800
From:      "Peter Wemm" <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Mark Andrews" <Mark_Andrews@isc.org>
Cc:        vadim_nuclight@mail.ru, Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: INET6 required for SCTP in 7.0?

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews@isc.org> wrote:
>  >         There is a reasonable chance that this mail will leave here
>  >         over IPv6 for some of the recipients.  It will almost
>  >         certainly travel over IPv6 for at least one hop.
>  >
>  >         Mark
>
>  It did:
>  drugs.dv.isc.org -> IPv6 -> mx1.freebsd.org -> IPv6 -> hub.freebsd.org
>  -> Mailman -> localhost -> hub.freebsd.org -> IPv6 -> mx2.freebsd.org
>  -> IPv6 -> me
>
>  The only IPv4 hop in this path was when Mailman connected to localhost
>  (127.0.0.1) to reinject the email.  And that is because I had
>  127.0.0.1 hard coded in a config file.

Oh, one more thing.  If you are IPv6-enabled, you get to bypass the 10
minute greylisting delay on mx1.freebsd.org.  Your email goes through
instantly instead of potentially being delayed by 10-30 minutes.

"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete
themselves upon execution." -- Robert Sewell