Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 1996 01:31:27 +0000
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        James Robertson <max@underdog.maxie.com>, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

In  <199601172137.NAA00989@rah.star-gate.com> , you wrote:

> If memory does not failed me ISO TP4 supported bonding right on
> the stack -- so if anyone is interested on this area I suggest
> this may be a good place to start. ISO TP4 --- I forgot the
> official ISO name however TP4 is  sort of like tcp/ip however it has
> more control features.

Alas, your memory has failed you.  While TP4 [ISO8073] supports splitting
and recombining, that's for CONS and not CLNS (which is IP like).  This
is not a transport issue but a network/datalink issue.  Multilink PPP is
really what you want to use in this instance.

Matt Thomas                          Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
IPv6 Kernel Grunt                    WWW URL:    http://ftp.dec.com/%7Ethomas/
Digital Equipment Corporation        Disclaimer: This message reflects my
Littleton, MA                                    own warped views, etc.