Date:      Mon, 6 Oct 2003 20:22:11 +0200
From:      "Manfred Riem" <mriem@win.tue.nl>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Cc:        'Andreas Kohn' <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
Subject:   Siemens SpeedStream trouble (was RE: Any recommendation for wireless LAN cards?)

Hi Andreas ,

> > I recently installed FreeBSD 5.1 on my laptop and am having
> > difficulty getting my wireless Siemens Speedstream card to
> > function. I've checked the FreeBSD handbook and it is not
> > in the list. So I guess it will not work.

I've inserted the card and the PC-card subsystem tell me
that it is an unknown card with the following details:

 pccard1: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0x02ac, product=0x0002) at
function 0
 pccard1:    CIS info: Siemens, SpeedStream Wireless PCMCIA, Version
01.02

I've tried to load the wi and it generates the following message:

 module_register: module pccard/wi already exists!
 Module pccard/wi failed to register: 17

Thanx!
Manfred.